Friday, December 3, 2010

Starbucks Sketch

Not sure whether this classifies as a sketch or a drawing, because it took quite a while. Nor am I quite happy with it, but I suspect it might grow on me. Something about having no organic form to draw in a three-hour drawing (except for the people of course) made it a little bit less lively an experience than what was actually going on - people working, ordering, chattering, drinking their coffee. It's an interesting idea - that building an accurate environment can take over the drawing so much that the "vibe" is not translated all that accurately... I would like to know what vibe you get, looking at this...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks spherical, like it is going to turn (think rotating theatre stages with 2 or 3 rooms set up) and show another scene next to this one.

- Maria

Unknown said...

I like that :)